Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Not a devious guy



Aug. 22, 2012

I'm always getting blamed for things I didn't do or accused of not doing what I was supposed to. When I try to make peace, people think I'm warmongering, when I wage war, they don't take me seriously.
Lately, I'm being accused of things I couldn't possibly have done, staring at people in the hall or trying to take something they struggled hard to get.
People tend to read in me what they want to see, thinking I think like they do, like I want something they have, or want to wreck their golden opportunities, when I really want to live and let live, and maybe get some laughs along the way.
I hate being lied to, or manipulated, although I'm perfectly willing to go along with folks as long as I'm not the butt end of the joke.
Yet, I haven't laughed in a long time over any of this, and feel really badly about being so misunderstood -- so misunderstood, people want to destroy me.\
Fortunately, I really haven't done anything worth being hated for.
Unfortunately, that doesn't stop people from hating me, it just frustrates me to think that even when I make myself scarce, I still get blamed for stuff I didn't do, or I'm not clever enough to have thought up in the first place.
I'm not a devious guy
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment