Saturday, March 23, 2019

The benefits of global warming




03-21-19

It's official; it's spring.
It wasn’t as rough as in the past. But I refuse to blame global warming since I have heard that hysteria since I was in my teens.
Like all modern myths it is based on possibly faulty assumptions with a twist of politics added for taste. 
Scientists who question the validity of Gore's inconvenient truth are excommunicated or treated as nuts, risking precious research grants. So, doubters for the most part keep silent or go along with the popular agenda, adding credibly to this madness.
Environmental science has replaced Christianity as the new state religion. Media has become the new inquisition.
We attribute all the melting to our expending of fossil fuels and ignore the fact that all this has happened before.
We didn’t have cars to explain why the little ice age froze over the Thames.
I’ve been listening to this chicken little stuff for so long I nearly have it memorized the way my grandparents memorized biblical verse.
I remember a time when we predicted the world population would fill up every corner of the globe, bodies piling up so high as to leave no room for anybody even in the depths of the Grand Canyon.
But that was before Planned Parenthood started selling baby's body parts and saved humanity.
I can’t remember a time when someone somewhere refrained from preaching doom and gloom.
My best friend told me in 1970 that New York City would have Florida weather by 2000. Here it is 2019 and I'm still waiting.
I'm not unhappy with lack of snow. I hate shoveling.
What I hate is silliness of environmentalists who want to replace cars with electric bikes and oppose building power plants to charge them with, relying on questionably reliable sources like solar and wind to accommodate these – when nobody actually wants any of these wind farms or banks of solar panels spoiling their views of nature. They complain about coal, atomic and even gas power plants, but do not hesitate to plug all their environmentally unfriendly devices.
We are so worried about our carbon footprint we forget we need it to keep warm.
In this regard maybe global warming is a good thing.
There is a reason California has a homeless problem. Better to starve in LA than to freeze in New York.
Meanwhile liberals are building walls around cities where they now live in luxury apartments concerned about the rise in ocean levels to flood them out, ignoring the past when city planners only located factories and warehouses there, knowing flooding will come.
This is a lot like the fools in the late 1800s who got suckered into buying farm land in the Midwest during the historically unnatural plush times. When the land reverted to a dust bowl, they all headed west to California which may well explain the inherited lighted headedness of the current population there.
I appreciate the arrival of spring. I already put away my pet-friendly and environmentally safe snow melt until the freeze comes again and if I’m lucky and global warming comes earlier than expected I won’t need to use it again.









email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment