Friday, April 10, 2020

Sundial





We’re at war with a virus, only it’s not the virus the government tell us it is, but this oppression by those we elected to control us, and make us all do “the right thing’ – which means, sit down, shut up and do what we’re told.
I always thought criminals wore masks. You know those bad guys in old westerns who held up stage coaches and ripped off antique jewelry from pretty women and old men.
Now everybody wears them, only they don’t cover enough of their faces to keep me from seeing how terrified they are – each one thinking if they breathe too keep or touch too much they will die.
My best friend died back in January before all this madness started. In his last conversation before going off to die of a massive heart attack he and his neighbor talked about a sundial he had just installed on an old stoop. The neighbor was convinced the sundial was set wrong. My friend insisted otherwise.
Perhaps, my friend was right. Somehow the world had shifted and now all the good guys wear masks and live in terror, created largely by people they elected to protect them, and that from now all, we will never be able to realign our reality with the new standard which says we just sit down, shut up and do what we’re told.
Unfortunately, the sundial I have installed in my head doesn’t work that way.
Neither did my best friend’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment